Wednesday, December 8, 2010

5.8 + 2.4 = A man fondling a set of balls.

Hell-o again...

So, as of this writing, I'm now a little over a week into my newly rededicated dedication (wow... redundancies are awesomely awesome) to the Weight Watchers program, and I can honestly say that I'm taking ass and kicking names at it...  Wait...

We had our weekly weigh-in yesterday, and thanks to the new program, and the workout I've been doing thus far, as well as cutting cokes almost completely (in fact, to date, I've only slipped the once and had a coke that one day.  The other days, I've limited myself to ONE SPRITE) out of my life........  I'm 5.8 pounds LIGHTER!!!!  I'll pause for a moment while you clap and hoop and holler in excitement...

...Okay, okay, enough.  You're starting to embarrass me.  And you look silly genuflecting to a computer screen.

Seriously, though, I'm proud of this accomplishment.

On top of the whole Weight Watchers thing, I began doing the elliptical every morning and evening.  I had picked up an elliptical from a friend (Hi Cliff and Mandy!), and finally started giving it its own workout.  I can now do 1.2 miles twice a day, though I've started incrementally increasing the tension and trying to beat my time, add a little distance, etc.  Little bits here and there, naturally.

And in addition to all of this pleasantness, I had a lovely visit to the doctor yesterday.  I haven't gone in for a routine check-up in a very long time, and the doctor let me know about it.  Heh.  Oops.  So, we chit-chatted for a while, and I told him why I was there, and he was pretty shocked I told him I was wanting to try MMA.  He said, "Great workout, but I'd never do it.  Good for you!".  And, when he found out I was doing Weight Watchers again, he applauded my efforts.

Anyhow, everything pretty much checked out.  Heart rate was good, lungs were awesome, EKG looked normal, etc.  They drew some blood, but I won't get those results back for a while.  They're running the diabetes test, since I told him about the recent possible hypoglycemic incident.  He again applauded me for taking steps in the right direction.  And then he asked me to drop trou.  Wonderful.  First person to see my balls since the wife left and it's a friggin' doctor.  No matter.  He's a professional, right?

Interesting side-note.  The flirty nurse's assistant (who was cute, mind you) said she worked at MY FIT FOODS nearby.  She suggested I check it out sometime (actually she said, "Come in and see me sometime".  Brown Chicken.  Brown Cow.).  They apparently have a section for Weight Watchers Points food.  Good deal!

So there you have it.  That's where I'm at right now.  Gotta wait for the blood test results to come back before I can continue making strides in this journey, but until then, I'm keeping on the straight and narrow with the Weight Watchers and the elliptical.  Soon, I'll move into doing some kettlebell workouts.  Those look like a BITCH AND A HALF.  And I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment